The biggest night markets of all of Taiwan, The Shilin Night Market offers a wide array of delicious Taiwanese food!
wandering around you can just get lost through the maze of streets offering a wide array of food options. Grilled, stewed, baked, just about any way of cooking can be found in the streets of the Shilin Night Market!
The Shilin Night market will not just satisfy your tongue with great Taiwanese foods but with great fusion food as well.
I love starting my Shilin run through by getting my self some cool drinks that will help cleanse my palate one dish after another! No wonder even lonely planet recommends a visit.
Cranberry juice lady, they even offer to customize your drink for the same price
Barbecued asparagus wrapped in marinated chicken meat is just savory!
The biggest fried chicken I have ever seen! It’s actually a whole chicken fried without the wings and legs!
How to get to the Shilin Night Market
The best way to get your self to the night market is through the Taipei Metro. Some might tell you to get off at the Shilin station but it is easier to reach the night market via the Jiantan Station which are both on the MRT red line.
1. Take minibus no. 15 (小15), 16(小16), 17(小17), 18(小18), 19(小19) to Yangming Theatre stop (陽明戲院站).
2. Take bus no. 109, 203, 216, 220, 260, 267, 279, 280, 285, 310, 606, 612, 646, 685, 902 or Zhongshan Line (中山幹線) to Ming Chuan University stop (銘傳大學站).
3. Take bus no. 203, 216, 218, 224, 266, 280, 304 Chengde Line (304 承德線), 308, 310, 606, 616, 618, 665, or minibus no. 18 (小18) to Xiaobei Street stop (小北街).
4. Take bus no. 41, 529, 620, or 30 Red (紅30) to Shilin Market (士林市場).
5. Take bus no. 109, 220, 203, 260, 267, 277, 279, 285, 612, 646, 685, 902, or Zhongshan Line (中山幹線) to MRT Jiantan Station (捷運劍潭站).
Since starting June 1, 2017 Filipinos can now enter Taiwan visa free, you will surely enjoy the amazing food adventure in Shilin Night Market! So make sure that you put this on your list!